Friday, August 18, 2006

Stars are Blind and Music Videos

With tendencies to daydream, I often have the tv or other stimuli turned on in the background while I'm working on Search Dog's Raven.. Though it reduces my productivity, the daydreaming can be far more distracting. With the utter lack of new tv shows other than Blade the Series, I've been watching MTV.

Though Paris Hilton's song 'Stars are Blind' is predictably unforgettable, her video is sooo infuratingly watchable. This girl must practice in front of a mirror, with all her camera friendly poses.

This shows what an impact videos have had on music, as the song would likely not do very well without the memorable visuals. I would need to hear her unplugged to critique her voice, but to be honest cannot remember a single word from the song. Though a few notes from the slightly caribbean tune is in my brain somewhere. All I can remember is her in that white satin dress and the incredibly hunky guy with her on the sand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home